How does yoga affect your mental health?
Yoga focuses on balance, the key to overall health. While many of us tend to equate balance with posture and being able to stand on one leg, it’s actually much deeper. Yoga helps you find balance that is physical, emotional and spiritual.
We tend to hold emotional stress in certain regions of our bodies. Those who suffer may find the relief they need in a good yoga class – specific poses can provide emotional releases, as the physical aspects are connected to the chakras, points of energy in the body. Possible benefits of yoga can include:
- Lowered heart rate, blood pressure and respiration
- Reduced anxiety
- Relief from muscle tension and stress
- Mental and physical relaxation
- Increased mindfulness and mental awareness
- Alleviation of mild depression
- Lessening of fatigue and insomnia
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!