Thinking about a Brazilian wax? If you feel unsure about this personal grooming technique, no worries! We are here to demystify this popular waxing style.
Originating in Brazil, this waxing method is a common choice for individuals seeking a clean and smooth pubic area. Keep reading to find out what a Brazilian wax entails, steps for a positive experience, and benefits.
What Is a Brazilian Wax?
At The Floating Lotus, we describe a Brazilian wax as “front to back with a landing strip.” This refers to the removal of most, if not all, of the pubic hair from the front, back, and everything in between.
Unlike traditional bikini waxes, which leave a neat strip or triangle of hair, as well as hair on the labia majora, a Brazilian wax involves complete hair removal. It provides individuals with a smoother and hair-free appearance in the bikini area.
8 Steps for Your Best Experience
- It is essential to grow the hair in the bikini area to at least ¼ inch, or the length specified by your esthetician. This usually takes six weeks. Having some regrowth allows the wax to adhere better to the hair. Plus, since the hair grows in stages, rather than all at once, this ensures that you will be removing most cycles of hair growth.
- Speak with one of our trained estheticians. We are talking about a treatment for a delicate area: You want to feel comfortable and so do we! Please, ask any and all questions as you are booking your appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we will greet you and have you fill out a wavier form. This is standard for any spa service.
- Once you are in the spa service room, we will let you know what is involved in the wax service and how to get ready. We will exit the room and give you time to get settled on the bed. We will knock before entering.
- Your skin will be cleansed, a light powder will be applied and a warm or hot wax, either hard or soft, is applied to the desired areas using a small wooden spatula. The wax is spread in the direction of hair growth and then quickly removed against the hair growth, taking the hair along with it.
- This process is repeated until all desired areas are treated. The esthetician may use tweezers to remove any stubborn or missed hairs.
- After all the hair has been removed, soothing Fur Oil oil is applied to reduce any discomfort or redness. The esthetician may provide instructions on aftercare, such as avoiding tight clothing, swimming, or excessive sweating for a certain period.
- The most important step is aftercare at home. You will need to exfoliate and apply Fur Oil to eliminate any potential in-grown hair bumps. When the skin is not treated with aftercare, dead skin cells build up and the new hair growth curls back under the skin instead of pushing through.
- Waxing gives longer-lasting results than shaving or using depilatory creams. It does this because it removes the hair from the root instead of only from the surface. So, you will not notice new hair growth for three to four weeks.
- With regular Brazilian waxing, your skin is smoother, and the regrown hair tends to appear finer and softer, resulting in smoother skin texture.
- You will have less irritation than you would from shaving, which often leads to stubble and irritation, making waxing a preferable choice for many.
- A Brazilian wax provides a clean and hygienic feeling, especially during the summer months or when wearing swimwear.
- For individuals who prefer a hair-free bikini area, a Brazilian wax can enhance self-confidence and comfort.
You will find that The Floating Lotus Day Spa in Little Rock is a fantastic place to have your first Brazilian wax! You can book your appointment with us over the phone at 501-361-2518, where our staff members are ready to answer any questions or address any concerns that you may have. Or, if you prefer, book online through Mindbody.