Are eyelash extensions right for me?
You’ve seen those beautiful, sexy lashes on your favorite celebrities – and you may be wondering if they’re right for you! Eyelash extensions are a great way to glam up for a special event, or give your everyday look a pop of allure.
Still not sure if it’s right for you? We’ve answered some of your most frequently asked questions on the extensions procedure:
What are eyelash extensions?
At The Floating Lotus, we use Xtreme Lashes®. These closely match your own eyelashes, as each lash extension is inpidually applied to a single eyelash, giving your lashes a natural appearance.
How long do they take to apply?
It takes about 2 hours to apply a full set of lashes. Your natural eyelashes normally fall out and regrow, so the attached extensions will fall off, too. Touch-ups are recommended every 1 to 3 weeks. Touch-ups can take from 30 to 90 minutes, depending on how much time has passed and how many of your extensions are remaining.
Can anyone apply these lashes?
No. You should go to a spa with trained eyelash-extension technicians, to ensure proper application and safety.
I have sensitive eyes. How do I know if eyelash extensions will work for me?
You are an ideal candidate for eyelash extensions if:
- You have healthy eyes.
- You do not have allergies or sensitivities to acrylates or cyanoacrylate adhesives.
- You are comfortable lying down for a few hours with your eyes closed.
If you notice any discomfort during the application process, let your aesthetician know right away!
What do I need to do before the appointment?
You should arrive makeup-free to your eyelash extension appointment.
What should I do after the appointment?
In the 48 hours after your appointment:
- Avoid exposing your lashes to water, heat, saunas, steam and friction.
- Do not apply any eye cosmetics or skin care products to your lashes or eye area.
- Do not get your lashes wet when you shower.
- You must avoid steam and water in the first 48 hours to ensure a strong bond.
- Sleep on your back to avoid friction and tangling.
- Do not tint or perm your lashes.
- Avoid receiving irritating treatments, including brow waxing, in your eye area.
How do I find an eyelash extension stylist?
Look for a professional who is certified to apply the lashes. You want someone who has been trained to apply them properly and who uses professional products, so your real lashes don’t become damaged.
Cassandra Benning, Floating Lotus founder, was the first Xtreme Lashes®-trained stylist in Little Rock, and has been applying eyelash extensions professionally for 10 years. Call 501-664-0172 or visit our Eyelash Extensions page to book an appointment!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!